Sugar Artistry with Stephen Benison
Date: Saturday 4th April 2020 Time: 9:30am – 4pm
You will make a 20 cm Lemon and white chocolate ganache Easter / Celebration cake covered with a layer of sugarpaste. Decorate using handmade flowers using sugar and chocolate modelling paste. Decorate a 15 cm milk chocolate Easter egg with chocolate ribbon and spring flowers.
Skills you will learn:
• Baking, and layering
• Ganache making and masking/ coating of the cake
• Coating and covering cake with white sugarpaste
• Applying food colour and painting techniques
• Moulding spring flowers including daffodils from sugar and chocolate modelling paste
• Stencilling and embossing with gold lustre powder
• Piping with royal icing without tubes
• Making chocolate paste ribbon
• Display and packing of products made
The Cooking School is proud to welcome our very first guest teacher Stephen Benison. Stephen will be teaching a range of baking and creative cake decoration courses. Stephen has a professional career as a chef, Patisserier, cake decoration and sugarcraft specialist and teacher for over thirty years, training over 5,000 students, to gain professional qualifications to establish a career within the catering and hospitality industry.