Artisan Bread and Baking Weekend
2 Day Course
Date: Saturday 30th April – Sunday 1st May Time: 2 Day Course
Commencing at 10.00am each day.
Here at The Cooking School, we absolutely adore bread and all things baking!, bread has been a staple in our diets for millennia, yet still, it can seem a struggle to make the perfect loaf. We will be diving into the past using ancient flours and techniques to create truly decadent loaves and rolls from some of the finest stone ground flours around.
Baking wise we’ll be covering the art of choux pastry, fluffy muffins and you’ll create your own spectacular celebration cake!
The class includes:
- A welcome drink with your fellow chefs
- A demonstration of how to make three different varieties of bread
- Make your own Sour Dough – Using a century old culture
- Make your own stone ground white floured loaf
- Make your own multi seed rolls using ‘Ancient Grains’
- Choux Pastry – for profiteroles and delicious eclairs
- A batch of fluffy muffins
- Savoury Tart – perfect for lunches, picnics and a definite crowd pleaser!
- Create a beautiful celebration cake – ready for any future celebrations
- A recipe pack to take home
Coffee and pastries on arrival with your fellow cooks, lunch with wine each day is also included.
***For local accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily advise local accommodation details. Alternatively, local towns which you may find accommodation are; Warminster, Frome, Westbury.
N.B. Please arrive to all our classes 10/15 minutes early to enjoy your welcome drink. Please bring your own containers to take home leftovers.