When we use your personal information, we are regulated under the UK’s Data Protection Act (2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as the ‘controller’ of your personal information under those laws.
These are the key principles of the GDPR regulation by which we are bound:
- – Customers must have given consent to processing of personal data.
- – Processing of customer data must be limited to the specific purpose.
- – Data must be accurate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes.
- – Data must be kept for no longer than is necessary, unless kept purely for historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
- – Data must be processed in a secure and confidential manner.
- – The customer has the right to know what data is registered and to have the data deleted (“right to be forgotten”).
We will never pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes. Where you are an existing customer or have previously requested the use of our products or services, we may use your personal information to tell you about relevant products and offers. You can opt out at any time by clicking unsubscribe on any email communications we send to you, or alternately by changing your preferences within the online customer area.
However, we may still use email to provide you with information related to your orders, statements, legal notices and other important information such as changes to your existing products and services to ensure best service and meet any legal obligations to you.