Terms & Conditions
By booking everyone who attends The Cooking School agrees that:
- Payments are to be made in full, online, when booking classes, by debit or credit card.
- Refunds of 100% can only be issued if a cancellation is made 14 days prior to the class date. Refunds of 50% will be issued if cancellation is made 4 days prior to the class date. Unfortunately we are unable to give any refunds after this time
- Should you need to re-schedule, this must be done at least 7 days prior to the class you have booked, otherwise your booking will be treated as a cancellation.
- There will be a minimum person requirement for group bookings such as hen parties, etc. should the minimum number not be reached, you may still be charged.
- In the event you are unwell, we ask that you send someone else in your place.
- Please note, if you have had a vomiting and/or diarrhoea bug within 48hrs of the class date, you will not be able to attend, please send someone else in your place. This is to protect all of our customers as these illnesses can be spread through food.
- You may be refused admission if we suspect that you are unwell with a communicable disease, engaging in inappropriate behaviour, or under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Without exception, you will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all responsibility for any loss of personal property whilst at The Cooking School, or for any injuries or damages you sustain or that anyone affiliated with or connected with you in any way may sustain, in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your preparation of the food, save where such injuries or damages arise as a result of our negligence.
- Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charges for any sessions/classes booked. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
- We reserve the right to cancel courses/classes or change dates where necessary (if, for example, the minimum number of bookings has not been reached). In the unlikely event of a cancellation of a course we aim to provide a suitable transfer to an alternative date or course at no extra cost, or we will issue 100% refund. We cannot be held liable for any third party costs, such as travel arrangements, accommodation or disruption.
- We reserve the right to change cookery lessons, content and recipes without notice.
Please contact the office within the hours of 9-5 by telephone, 01985 213214, or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions, concerns or you wish to cancel or transfer a class (see points 2-6 above)
We recommend that you wear practical clothes and shoes (that cover your toes), wear a minimum amount of jewellery and wear you hair tied back.
Please follow all instructions given to you for cooking, storage, heating as well as health and safety procedures, given to you by members of staff.
Please note, only the person booked on a course may attend, aside from the children’s workshops.
Please consume alcohol offered responsibly and only alcohol offered by The Cooking School may be consumed on site. Alcohol will only be offered to over 18’s and ID may be required.
Children’s workshops are only available for children between the ages of 8 and 14 years of age. They must be able to reach a workbench of 900mm. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, of a ratio of one adult to four children.
Ingredients may have been manufactured on shared equipment with wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, fish, soya and shellfish and other allergens. Please highlight upon booking and call The Cooking School for help with any food allergies. You agree to take into account the dietary restrictions of anyone who may consume the meal you have prepared in your lesson by leaving out any foods that may cause harm to the people who will be eating the food you prepare.