Friday 1st March 2024 – 10am-4pm
In this full day course you will be put through your paces as you learn how to make all of the fundamentals of fish cooking using modern and classic techniques. We will start with honing your knife skills, preparing different fish, and creating the building blocks for you to create a variety of dishes at home. The dishes made in this class will vary to make use of the seasonal fish and perfect accompaninments , however the skills you will come away with will include:
- Knife skills
- Boning, Skinning, Filleting and more!
- Savoury sauces and dressings
- Preparation and cooking of fish dishes
- Perfectly paired vegetable sides and sauces to go with many fish dishes
Example dishes you’ll be creating are;
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos
- Sea Bream en Papillote
- Confit Hake
- Baked Cod and Butterbeans
- Pan Fried Halibut with a Lemon Beurre Blanc
– Do note that dependent on seasonality, sustainability and availability some fish may vary!
This course also includes:
- Welcome tea and coffee on arrival
- All aprons, kitchen equipment, and ingredients
- Lunch with fellow chefs with a complimentary drink
- A recipe pack to take home with you
N.B Please arrive 10/15 minutes early to enjoy a welcome drink with your fellow chefs. We recommend bringing your own containers to take home any leftovers. A licensed bar will be available throughout the class.